About the Business Gateway
The Ohio Business Gateway is a nationally-recognized, collaborative initiative of state and local government agencies and an important part of Ohio's digital government strategy. Gateway services offer Ohio's businesses a time- and money-saving online filing and payment system that helps simplify business' relationship with government agencies.
Ohio businesses can use the Gateway to access various services and submit transactions and payments with many state agencies. The Gateway also partners with local governments to enable businesses to file and pay selected Ohio municipal income taxes.
By offering a single website for electronic filing, the Gateway provides businesses with an easier means to comply with multiple regulatory requirements, and it reduces or eliminates the postage expenses, repetitious data entry, mathematical mistakes, and potential for overlooking required data that typically accompany paper-based methods. Furthermore, the Gateway directly benefits government by helping to reduce administrative costs and improve quality, lowering barriers to develop on-line applications, and providing significant exposure to the Gateway's growing number of business users.
If you need assistance with the Ohio Business Gateway, call the Gateway Help Desk at 866-OHIO-GOV (866-644-6468). The Help Desk is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., excluding state holidays, and provides access to qualified representatives from each service partner who are authorized to assist with filing and service-related questions.
General questions, comments or feedback concerning the Gateway may be directed to:
Ohio Business Gateway
Office of the Program Director
30 E. Broad Street, 19th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 466-7344
Fax: (614) 485-1002
The Ohio Business Gateway Steering Committee was created to direct the continuing development of the Gateway and to oversee its operations. The committee provides general oversight and makes recommendations regarding improvements to the Gateway. The committee considers all banking, technological, administrative, and other issues associated with the Gateway. Defined by section 5703.57 of the Ohio Revised Code, the committee is comprised of ex-officio members and seven additional members appointed by the Governor.
Ex-Officio Agency Members
in alphabetical order
- Matthew Damschroder, Director, Department of Administrative Services
- Stephanie McCloud, Administrator/CEO, Bureau of Workers' Compensation
- Ervan D. Rodgers, II, State Chief Information Officer and Assistant Director, Department of Administrative Services
- Kimberly Hall, Director, Department of Job and Family Services
- Lydia L. Mihalik, Director, Development Services Agency
- Frank LaRose, Secretary of State
- Kimberly Murnieks, Director, Office of Budget and Management
- Robert Sprague, Treasurer of State
- Kevin L. Miller, Executive Director, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
- R. Keith Overly, Executive Director, Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program
- Jon Husted, Lieutenant Governor
- Jeff McClain, Tax Commissioner, Department of Taxation
- Sheryl Maxfield, Director, Department of Commerce
in alphabetical order
- Crystal Faulkner, Cincinnati, representing practitioners
- Dale Fellows, Willoughby Hills, representing the business community
- Al Macre, Stuebenville, representing practitioners
- Greg Tantari, Hilliard, representing municipal tax administrators
- To be named, representing the business community
The following agencies have partnered with the Gateway to offer filing services for selected regulatory and compliance activities administered by the agencies. By offering services on the Gateway, the service partners still continue to serve as the official administrator of the respective service(s).
- Department of Administrative Services Equal Opportunity Division
- Department of Commerce Division of Unclaimed Funds
- Department of Job and Family Services Office of Unemployment Insurance Operations
- Municipal Tax Agencies and Administrators
- Department of Taxation
- Development Services Agency
- Ohio Public Employees Deferred Compensation Program